Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Policy
The Management of UTP gives full backing to this policy and will fully support all persons implementing it. Successful implementation of this policy requires the wholeheartedly commitment of everyone in the Company and acceptance by individual employees of their responsibilities to:
- - Ensure that Personnel safety and long term health of our employees and other individuals that may be affected by our activities and the protection of the environment, receives equal priority with our business objectives.
- - Maintain safety standards through safety training, encouraging interest and enthusiasm in safety and by developing personal responsibility for safety rests with the Safety Management of the company and the safety matters are held in equal importance to other business objectives.
- - Ensure that clear communication systems exist for all HSE issues through structured meetings, presentations and publications.
- - Undertake assessments to ensure that the competence of all our employees in performing their respective roles.
- - Take reasonable care for the Occupational Health & Safety of themselves and for other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- - To prevent environmental pollution, incidents and other accidents within the activities of the organization.
- - To co-operate with the Company by adhering to Company & local / international rules and applicable legal requirements safe working practices and all instructions necessary to enable the Company to comply with its duties.
- - Encourage all employees to contribute to the improvement of UTP safety procedures and continually improve the performance of Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental management system performance.